by, 02-24-2012 at 10:44 PM (1890 Views)
1. What term is used to describe a collection of information that you can use to build reports or discover facts about an environment?
A) Database B) Web site C) Wiki D) Relation
2. Microsoft's Access and Corel's Paradox are both examples of which type of software?
A) Network database systems B) Relational database systemsC) Flat-file database systems D) Hierarchical database systems
3. If you were collecting and storing information about your music collection, an album would be considered a(n) _____.
A) Relation B) Entity C) Instance D) Attribute
4. Each piece of information you collected about an album in your music collection would be considered a(n) _____.
A) Attribute B) Table C) Key D) Record
5. If you were to assign a unique number or code to each album you owned in your record collection, this code would be considered a(n) _____.
A) Entity B) Instance C) Associate D) Primary key
6. What type of graphical model is used to define a database?
A) Flowchart B) E-R diagram C) Organizational model D) Programming model
7. After you develop a model for your database, you should then _____ it before building it.
A) normalize B) design C) plan D) approve
8. What term refers to a field in one table in a database that is used to link to another table in the same database?
A) Link B) Index C) Relation D) Foreign key
9. Which of the following contains information about the structure of a database?
A) Database management system B) Data dictionary C) Data repository D) Data warehouse
10. What term is used to refer to a specific record in your music database; for instance; information stored about a specific album?
A) Relation B) Instance C) Table D) Column
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 A B B A D B A D B B